Mayor’s Youth Education and Employment Program (MYEEP)
Ages 14-17 • Paid Training & Hourly Wages • Bilingual English-Spanish
Enroll in MYEEP!
Entry-level and first time jobs for high school youth in San Francisco
- Resident of San Francisco (Mission and Potrero Hill District residence or school enrollment for Horizons’ MYEEP Program)
- Currently enrolled in high school or GED program (9th or 10th grade credits) during Fall session; 14-17 during Summer session
- Able to obtain a Work permit
MYEEP is the largest after-school youth employment program in San Francisco. At Horizons, the program provides job readiness training and employment opportunities for approximately 150 youth per annum.
The program’s primary focus is to develop job skills, provide experiences that increase career awareness and future employability, increase knowledge of educational opportunities, and promote community involvement.
Youth receive paid training and work experience while enrolled in the program. During the Fall (Oct-Dec), youth participate in pre-employment training aimed at preparing them to successfully enter their work placement and receive stipend based pay ($90 every three weeks). Upon successful completion of the training component, youth are placed at a certified worksite, work up to 10 hours per week during the Spring (Jan-Apr) and up to 20 hours a week during the Summer (June-August), and receive an hourly minimum wage.
Leadership opportunities are available through the Coordinator-in-Training (CIT) component. Coordinators-In-Training (CITs) are youth program leaders promoted from a participant role, trained in leadership development, facilitation and public speaking, and responsible for providing direct program support and delivery.
- Session Dates: Year long commitment from May-June
- Days: Onsite Mondays-Fridays for Agency programming or MYEEP Central Office (CIT Workshops)
- Times: Agency Programming: 4:00PM – 6:00PM
- JCYC Mandatory CIT Workshops: 4:30PM – 6:30PM
- Session Dates: Fall Training | October-December, 6 hours per week at Stipend Rate
- Spring Intern Placement | January-April, 10 hours per week
- Summer | June-August, 20 hours per week
- Days: Fall: Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
- Spring: Mondays – Fridays
- Summer: Mondays – Fridays
- Times: 4:00PM – 6:00PM (Times may vary per Worksite and Coordinator)
Erin Cruz, Program Coordinator
Funded by The Department of Children, Youth and Their Families, through a subcontract with the Japanese Community Youth Council.
Last but not least…
The MYEEP Program at Horizons is an amazing opportunity for young people to gain the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in the workplace, school settings, and ultimately, life. The program provides opportunities to meet youth from across San Francisco and network with Employers and Community Members while getting paid. Many community leaders and MYEEP staff began as MYEEP participants in Agencies across the city, including Horizons’ Executive Director and current MYEEP Coordinator.
Although the MYEEP Program is focused on job readiness training, youth also receive paid tutoring and academic support. The goal is for our youth to transition from the program as well-rounded young people; able to accomplish their goals and successfully move into adulthood.
And don’t forget! The MYEEP Program offers opportunities for advancement within the program through the Coordinator-In-Training component. Once a Horizons’ MYEEP family member, always a Horizons’ MYEEP family member.